- 2 million peace leaders, educators, and ambassadors around the world in 200 countries connecting and helping to build global peace and cooperation
- 35,000+ organizations modelling a Culture of Peace and Nonviolence (that is the number of Rotary Clubs alone … now imagine other similar organizations motivated for building peace)
- $1 billion and more annually invested in raising peace literacy and consciousness levels around the world
- The leadership, management, and business acumen of millions brought to bear on building peace and extinguishing violence
- Focusing our immense resources (human, technological, and financial) on the greatest hindrances to peace
To raise peace literacy and consciousness levels and transform the world from a culture of war and violence to a Culture of Peace, thereby significantly decreasing the incidences and costs of violence around the world. In short: to bring lasting peace to the world.
Using a medical analogy, violence is a disease (which is actually much costlier in human and financial terms than any other). We have the cure: it is peace education. By helping to provide and empower the world’s citizens with peace education and the resources to build peace, we can contribute to creating a fair, saner world and significantly reducing the incidence of war and violence once and for all.
The Rotarian Peace Leaders’ Collaborative – Click to learn more about this
Service clubs, such as Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis, etc., have the opportunity, skills, and track record to lead this greatest of humanitarian causes.
- Learn about the Rotarian Peace Leaders’ Collaborative
- Watch and share these inspiring Rotarian Action Group For Peace’s videos:
” Peace is….Rotary”
Go Wage Peace, Not War
- To create a more just world and lasting peace (in our homes, communities, countries, and throughout the world)
- To significantly reduce the human cost and incidence of violence
- To improve our success through right human relations and goodwill, raising Rotary to a higher level of “service above self” whereby humanity is served in the highest cause
Rotarian Peace Conferencing – 2016/17:
These two documents summarize the outcomes of three Rotarian peace gatherings held in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in September 2016, virtually in April 2017, and in Parkdale /Portland Oregon, U.S.A. in May 2017 (and many meetings over the course of the year and a half since January 2016 to, and in preparation for, the Rotary International Convention in Atlanta Georgia, U.S.A. in June 2017):
- Rotarian Peacebuilder (one page document)
- Summary Booklet/ Report of 2016/17 Rotarian Peace Conferencing (310 page document)
- Click here to download the 2-page summary for a proposed Peace Plus program.
- Click here to download a more detailed 39-page summary for a proposed Peace Plus program.
- For more information about why we need a Peace Plus program/ campaign, Click here.
- For more information about how a Peace Plus program could be implemented, Click here.
- For further Reseources, Click here
- Visit the PeacePlus Toolkit page here.
- To learn more about Robert Stewart, Click here.
To share ideas or contact us, click here.